March 2, 2018 – This morning I finished assembling the back plate for the prop spinner.
There are two pieces to the back plate. For the constant speed prop, the large plate needs to be trimmed out to fit. There are four 3/8″ bolt holes that need to be aligned. I used pieces of 3/8″ tubing to align the holes, and then piloted some of the rivet holes.
I marked the large plate, and started the cutout.
One way I’ve learned to do a cutout like this is just to drill holes along the edge, then cut the remainder as needed. Then you finish it with a rotary file, then sand and polish.
Here are both parts before painting:
…and the final product:
I may do a final coat of paint later on, maybe after I’ve fitted it around the prop hub. It may need a little more trimming.