Work after First Flight
October 8, 2021 – I took care of the items that were noted during the first flight.
Chuck suggested that I remove a little bit of the dam in front of the #1 cylinder, because it was getting a little warm.
I also took care of some of the items that were related to configuration on the Dynon. Battery voltage showed a steady 14.5 volts, yet was annunciated in yellow. I changed the parameter for the yellow to 15 volts. I also had a yellow caution band on the RPM gauge. Chuck questioned whether it had to be there. I called Aerosport Power, then Hartzell. Based on my engine and prop combination, there was no restriction, so I changed the parameters for that sensor in Dynon to remove the yellow band.
My airspeed issue was because I reversed the AOA and Pitot connections at the tube. My transponder guy came out, found that, and he also pumped up the airplane from the pitot tube back. No leaks and an accurate indication.
I also had a slight yaw issue, where the ball was a little bit to the right. I installed a temporary tab, and we will investigate further during the next flight.
After the first flight issues were taken care of, and because my pilots are on vacation, I decided to pull the right fuel tank to try to address my calibration issue.
Yay. What joy to remove the bolts that attach the tank to the wing spar…
I took out the float sensor. It electrically checked out, but it seemed a bit stiff. I decided to go ahead and order a new one from Van’s.
I have since installed the new one. I’m going to give the sealant time before I put fuel to it.
I moved on to the interior.
I’ve had to make some small mods because of things that I have done differently in the airplane.
This small panel wraps around the air vents. Since I made my own air vent brackets, I had to make a cut about 1″ long to accommodate…
The big side pockets fit under the armrests. Since I installed the J-stringer sections to stiffen the armrests, I had to modify these…