July 22, 2021 – Things are getting close. I did some smaller items.
I connected the sticks and their wiring. I wasn’t looking forward to this because of the washers that need to be placed, but once I got a system down it went well.
I installed the upper spark plugs. I’m using automotive plugs with inserts. Placed the inserts with copper anti-seize in the cylinders finger-tight, then ran the plugs in, and torqued the plugs to 18 in-lbs.
I also installed the fuel selector valve.
I needed to have some sort of placard for the fuel caps. Some people engrave the caps. If I’d thought about it for the many years the wings were dormant, I would have done that. In the spirit of temporary permanence, I found some printable vinyl that can be used for making stickers and made these.