October 22, 2020 – I realized when I looked at my time log how long it’s been since I posted an update, so here goes…
I finished the connectors and put the harness in place. I’m trying my damnedest to not have a rats nest here. Once everything is clamped in place and tied back, it’ll be OK. This is what happens when a sheet metal guy handles wires.
I did the headset and mic jacks. I made some a long time ago, but I didn’t have wires for PTT in there, so I took mine out and used the new ones.
I also installed the antennas.
Well, I call it the tailcone because once I get in there, I may as well be all the way back there.
I assembled the harness for the autopilot pitch servo. Power, ground and a yellow wire for AP disconnect go up front. The rest go into the Skyview network.
Since I have limited space for wires to go up the tunnel between the seats, I bought a hub to put in the tailcone and I ran a 15-foot Skyview network cable to the front.
I made a bracket where the transponder attaches to the center beam in the fuselage.
Air Temperature Probe
I installed the OAT probe in the fuselage under the left horizontal stab. I ran the wires up through tiny grommets I had and they go straight to the ADHRS.
For a long time I had the “life-size” Dynon templates taped to the panel on my table and I was playing around with them trying to find the best locations. When I was ready to make a decision, I found out that those templates were about 1/4″ small. That made a big difference in what I was going to do. So I did some rearranging.
In the above pictures I have the two coms with the intercom panel above them. I wasn’t sure I liked that, so I redrew that stack with the intercom underneath. Much better.
I decided to do the cutting myself. Lots of filing…
It appears that except for the intercom panel, all the Dynon panel items have the same cutouts. Nice idea…
After those center items, I did the cutouts for the screens.
Here’s the panel in the airplane:
I still have to do the other small items in the panel, which I just ordered.
I’m just going on, routing wires and terminating them as needed. One wire at a time…